Monday, May 01, 2006

My Balasore

I was not born or brought up in Balasore. I never visited or had a chance to be at Balasore till 1974. I was born at Jagatsinghpur in costal Orissa in 1951. Had my basic education there and later went to Berhampur for my graduation in Medicine. Many years later I joined a job in Rourkela Steel Plant and have been staying here for more than 25 years. But when I say "My Balasore", I mean it. Its because I met some one during my graduation who was from Balasore, both decided and got married in 1979 and during 1970 to 1979 I had made as many close friends as strong foes in Balasore. I was a sort of debarred from keeping in touch with Balasore from 1979 to 1986 but from '86 onwards it has been a wonderful,worth-while and fulfilling connection. I love the town, the country-side, the temples, the dishes and the people whom I am in touch with in Balasore. A few snap shots of my Balasore connection with people and places to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment